The Corporation is a state owned entity which was established by the Lesotho Freight and Bus Services Corporation Order 16 of 1987. It was a result of the amalgamation of Lesotho National Bus Corporation and Lesotho Freight Services Corporation. The founding Acts of both corporations were subsequently repealed. Order number 16 of 1987 reads: “to establish a Corporation to provide a bus transport and freight haulage services within Lesotho and outside Lesotho and to provide for matters incidental thereto.” LFBSC has its Headquarters offices in the Maseru Industrial Sites Old Mots’oene Road.
The corporation has developed site in Maseru Industrial and undeveloped sites in the central business districts of Leribe, Botha Buthe, Mokhotlong, Mohales Hoek. In Qacha’s Nek the corporation is waiting for re-allocation since the original site was allocated to Lesotho Bank. Plans are in place to develop these sites into more commercially productive businesses which include warehouses for the freight operations and developmental leases for rental income. This in turn will form a revenue support base that can assist the transport service which is the core business of the corporation.
For any enquiry, Kindly fill the form below :
Old Motsoene Road, Industrial Area, Maseru, Lesotho
Private Bag 1111, Maseru West, Lesotho
+266 223 13535
+266 223 10542